Ethos & Values
At The Boswells School, our aim is ‘to provide an outstanding education for all our students’. We expect our students to aspire for excellence in everything that they do.
To achieve this aim, every member of our school community adheres to those ‘beliefs’ that are incredibly important to us as a school:
- High quality teaching and learning: We believe outstanding teaching and learning should take place in every lesson.
- Exemplary Behaviour: We have the highest expectations of our students and we reward hard work and effort. Our students take pride in being part of our community.
- High Achievement: We believe students, regardless of their ability, should make excellent progress. Our rigorous and detailed tracking systems allow us to ensure that all students are meeting our high expectations.
- Aspiration: We believe that all students should be given the opportunity to follow a career pathway that is relevant to them after The Boswells School. We expect all our students to aspire for excellent academic achievement, regardless of ability.
- Personalised Curriculum: We believe in the importance of helping our students achieve their future ambitions through a curriculum pathway that suits their individual beliefs.
- Developing Character: We believe in the importance of helping our students develop into independent, confident citizens. We offer a range of school trips, sporting clubs and teams, performing arts clubs as well as other extracurricular clubs and enrichment activities to help support and complement the learning that goes on in the classroom.