Severe Weather Protocol
In the unlikely event of the school having to close due to severe weather, we will inform parents in the following ways:
- Through the school website
- Through our 'ParentMail' service-parents will be sent an email informing them of the school closure
- Through our 'text service'-parents will receive a text alert informing them of the school closure
- Through our school Twitter account @BoswellsSchool and our school Facebook page 'The Boswells School Official'
- Through local radio station BBC Essex- 95.3FM, 103.5FM and Digital Radio. BBC Essex also produce a list of school closures in the event of widespread disruption caused by severe weather: Click Here
- Essex County Council also have a page informing parents of school closures: Click Here
There may be occassions when we are able to open but with alternative times to the day (to allow the premises team time to ensure the site is safe). Please note that there will be no Period 1 should we have to move to an alternative day and that there will be a limited supply of snacks at break.
10.15 Period 2
11.15 Period 3
12.45 Period 4
13.45 Period 5