In Technology we are keen to see students using our resources as individuals or teams to enjoy designing, making and using a range of products and systems. Students have been able to follow the STEM activities building and firing a Rocket and will enter the National Build a Rocket Challenge this year. The STEM club is a regular club where we encourage students to come along with their own project or join in one of ours for example, building and flying drones, programming raspberry pis and learning how to use electronics.
Students are able to use the workshops to design and make their own projects and the areas are often open at lunchtime for this activity alongside the coursework that is completed for GCSE and A Level. This gives KS3 students are valuable insight into the type of activities they can experience if they were to choose a Technology Option at KS4 or Post 16.
In Technology a variety of activities take place across the year. See below:
- Cookery Club Monday or Thursday after school C17 Mrs Loy and Mrs Rees (Sign Up in C23)
- STEM Club Friday after school C22 Miss Cater and Mrs Goodwin
- K'Nex Club Tuesday lunchtime C19 Mr Smith
- Minecraft Club Tuesday and Wednesday lunchtime C22 Miss Cater
- Young Engineers Club Wednesday lunchtime C19 Mr Smith
- Rocket Club Friday lunchtime C22 Miss Cater