Free school meals
The process of applying for Free School Meals at The Boswells School has changed to an online application in order to improve speed and reduce the burden of paperwork for parents. The qualifying criteria has not changed, and the parents will still need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at The Boswells School to students whose parent/carer successfully completes the online application - please click the apply button below.
Once the application form has been completed and submitted to ECC they will contact the applicant directly with confirmation as to whether they have been successful or not.
The daily allowance for free school meals is £2.40 and can be used at breakfast, break and lunch.