Free school meals
The process of applying for Free School Meals at The Boswells School has changed to an online application in order to improve speed and reduce the burden of paperwork for parents. The qualifying criteria has not changed, and the parents will still need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian are also eligible for free school meals.
If you believe that your child is eligible for Free School Meals, please click the button below:
If successful, please forward your certificate of eligibility to email@example.com
The daily allowance for free school meals is £2.40.